We would like to thank everyone for their good wishes and patience during the current crisis.
The College of Podiatry have now updated us on the patients we are able to see. Whilst routine care is still NOT being carried out, anyone with a painful condition may now be seen. This will be following a telephone assessment on suitability to fit the new criteria.
1.All patients will have to answer a screening questionnaire over the phone regarding Covid-19 symptoms or contact with anyone with symptoms. Patients with symptoms will not be seen.
2. If you are in an at-risk group, such as those aged over 70 years of age, please consider carefully whether attending the clinic is worth the associated risk of exposure to COVID-19 whilst away from the home.
3. Please come to your appointment alone if possible. If you require a chaperone, they will undergo screening on arrival.
4. Toilets unless an emergency will be out of bounds
5. Please arrive for your appointment on time but not early, as you will not be allowed access until the previous patient has left the building. Hence, the waiting room is out of bounds, you will be met at the door and taken straight through to the treatment room.
6, You will be given a face mask to wear and asked to use the hand sanitiser. Your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer.
7. You will notice that treatment rooms are quite bare, this is so that a thorough disinfection of all hard surfaces can be carried out between each patient. There will be a 10 minute gap between patients to allow for this.
8. Rachael and Lisa will be wearing PPE as per our governing body recommendations. This includes scrubs, apron, mask, face shield and gloves, personally I’m hoping for a cold summer!
9. Hepa air filtration systems will be running in clinic rooms and reception and the reception desk will have Perspex screens.
10. We would appreciate if all payments could be made by card or BACS
We will slowly be working through contacting all the patients that we have had to cancel. But if you are in pain then please contact us on the mobile number 07368 180762 and leave a message if not answered.
It has taken a great deal of time and financial outlay to get us in a position to open again. The cost of PPE alone is 10x what it was prior to the crisis. Let alone the filtration systems and screens. However, the most important thing is that we want everybody to be as SAFE as possible. For this reason, we are adding a £5.00 surcharge to the treatment cost. This will cover the PPE cost but not the extended appointment times and reduced number of appointments available in the day. However, both your and our safety is my primary concern at this unprecedented time.
Keep Safe and we look forward to welcoming you back to Village Podiatrists very soon