Podiatrists Rachael (owner) and Lisa are experts in caring for feet in Wombourne, Wolverhampton and Dudley area.
We would like to thank everyone for their good wishes and patience during the current crisis.
The College of Podiatry have now updated us on the patients we are able to see. Whilst routine care is still NOT being carried out, anyone with a painful condition may now be seen. This will be following a telephone assessment on suitability to fit the new criteria.
1.All patients will have to answer a screening questionnaire over the phone regarding Covid-19 symptoms or contact with anyone with symptoms. Patients with symptoms will not be seen.
2. If you are in an at-risk group, such as those aged over 70 years of age, please consider carefully whether attending the clinic is worth the associated risk of exposure to COVID-19 whilst away from the home.
3. Please come to your appointment alone if possible. If you require a chaperone, they will undergo screening on arrival.
4. Toilets unless an emergency will be out of bounds
5. Please arrive for your appointment on time but not early, as you will not be allowed access until the previous patient has left the building. Hence, the waiting room is out of bounds, you will be met at the door and taken straight through to the treatment room.
6, You will be given a face mask to wear and asked to use the hand sanitiser. Your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer.
7. You will notice that treatment rooms are quite bare, this is so that a thorough disinfection of all hard surfaces can be carried out between each patient. There will be a 10 minute gap between patients to allow for this.
8. Rachael and Lisa will be wearing PPE as per our governing body recommendations. This includes scrubs, apron, mask, face shield and gloves, personally I’m hoping for a cold summer!
9. Hepa air filtration systems will be running in clinic rooms and reception and the reception desk will have Perspex screens.
10. We would appreciate if all payments could be made by card or BACS
We will slowly be working through contacting all the patients that we have had to cancel. But if you are in pain then please contact us on the mobile number 07368 180762 and leave a message if not answered.
It has taken a great deal of time and financial outlay to get us in a position to open again. The cost of PPE alone is 10x what it was prior to the crisis. Let alone the filtration systems and screens. However, the most important thing is that we want everybody to be as SAFE as possible. For this reason, we are adding a £5.00 surcharge to the treatment cost. This will cover the PPE cost but not the extended appointment times and reduced number of appointments available in the day. However, both your and our safety is my primary concern at this unprecedented time.
Keep Safe and we look forward to welcoming you back to Village Podiatrists very soon.
Rachael and the Team
Our poor feet are probably the most neglected part of our body, yet they work the hardest.
Why not book in for a routine check up to get keep them in tip top shape. Get those thickened nails sorted and that hard skin/corns dealt with.
Are you struggling with the pain of recurrent in growing toe nails? Personally I can think of nothing worse. There are many causes of nails growing in, some are a fairly simple fix, others may require a minor op. Whatever the issue, Rachael specialises in sorting out in growing toe nails. Why not get booked in for an assessment
No hidden costs. New Patient appointments with one of our top Podiatrist are £45 with all further routine appointments charged at £38. All major credit / debit cards (except American Express) accepted
Have you got foot pain? This could be heel pain, fore foot pain, arthritic pain, achilles pain. If so you would probably benefit from our individually customised FootBalance insoles in your shoes to help with the way the force is transmitting through your feet.
This is what Lisa, our newest Podiatrist, especially loves to deal with, why not book a computerised assessment to see how she can ease your suffering.
We work closely with running and walking clubs from around the Wombourne area. With the aim of keeping feet active be it for a Park-run, country ramble or a marathon.
Our customised orthotics (insoles) from FootBalance include a range designed to help runners.
We offer discounted rates for many of these local clubs, including Sedgley Striders.
We stock an extensive range of Bamboo socks, recommended by our Podiatrists. Bamboo's anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties help keep feet healthy and hygienic.
These socks are proving very popular amongst our patients and their friends. They are super soft and ideal for diabetic feet.
Now available in a range of trendy designs at our Wombourne Surgery. Just ask at reception.
Our Podiatrists are always ready to take on new patients and their feet. Please complete form above or ring us on 01902 893454 or pop in to our Wombourne surgery.
We are always accepting new patients just give us a call on 01902 893454, or pop in to ask our receptionists Diane and Gill (at our Wombourne Surgery), to make your first appointment. Our Podiatrists Rachael and Lisa will take care of your feet and toes.
Suite 2, The Lodge, Carriers Fold, Wombourne, Staffordshire WV5 9DH
Check out this great video